Memorial City Smiles provides exceptional dental care for your entire family. Starting out your child with the right preventative dental care can set the stage for good oral health habits as they grow. Visiting our office for pediatric dental exams and cleanings helps to ensure baby teeth are erupting properly, and helps to keep a child’s primary teeth until they are lost naturally.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentists (AAPD) recommends parents seek out a dentist for their child by age one, or when they notice the first signs of a tooth erupting. Typically teeth begin to erupt in children around six months of age.
We want children of all ages to feel comfortable when they schedule their dental exam with us, and we strive to help our patients learn how important it is to take care of their teeth. Our staff builds relationships with each patient, and this allows us to care for your child as they grow.
Benefits to visiting a pediatric dentist regularly:
- Maintains a child’s oral health, and helps children to gain an understanding of how important it is to take care of your teeth.
- Prevents potential dental issues and identifies medical conditions that can be seen at an early age.
- Helps to keep primary teeth until they are lost naturally
- Helps children feel comfortable and at ease when visiting the dentist
- Prevents cavities and tooth decay
If you are interested in scheduling your child’s dental exam and cleaning, contact us to schedule your appointment.